A Microsoft começa a partir de agora a liberar versões do SQL Server Management Studio, de modo a possibilitar melhorias e correções independentes do ciclo de liberação do SQL Server Engine e do Azure SQL Database.
O passo inicial desta nova forma de atualização da Microsoft teve início com liberação do preview de junho/2015, em paralelo ao lançamento do SQL Server 2016 CTP 2.1.
- Announcing SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Management Studio – June 2015 Release Notes
- Download SQL Server Management Studio
Segundo – SQL Release Services Blog: “This preview release supports the latest capabilities available in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016 and includes several bug fixes and customer requested features. And as you would expect, you can also use this preview release to work with previous versions of SQL Server.
- New lightweight Web Installer
We hope that the new SSMS installer is lightweight, fast and better experience for you to get SSMS tools. In particular, if you have already installed certain dependencies (say, .net framework), then the installer will not have to download them. In particular, as we release frequent updates to the tools, the installer should just update the components that have changed.
- Automatic Check for Updates
SSMS will now check online for updates. If an update is available, you will be notified via a toast notification in SSMS. Alternatively, you can manually click on “Tools|Check For Updates…” to see if there are updates available.
- Top customer requests addressed
- ‘Edit Top 200 Rows’ is now enabled for tables and views in Object Explorer
- Table Designer is now enabled for Azure SQL Database V12
- Database and Table property dialogs are now enabled for Azure SQL Database V12
- New option to skip prompt to save T-SQL files
We have added a new option under “Tools|Options|Query Execution|SQL Server” to control if a prompt is shown for unsaved T-SQL files.
- Updated Import/Export wizards with support for the new Azure SQL Database service tiers (Basic, Standard, Premium)
- Bug fixes to provide enhanced support for Azure SQL Database
- Numerous bug fixes for scripting scenarios
- Fixed bug when enabling change tracking for Azure SQL Database V12
We invite you to download and install SQL Server Management Studio June 2015 Preview from here.”
Fontes e Direitos Autorais: SQL Release Services Blog – SQL Server Engineering Team – 24/06/2015.